The San Luis Obispo Guild Hall was originally chartered in 1939. The first hall was located near the intersection of Capitolio and Broad, south of our current location. The original hall was surrounded by chicken coops near the stockyard rail sidings, well outside the city limits. When that original hall burned down, land at 2880 Broad Street was donated by the Faulstich family to the organization, securing a location between the city and the thriving agricultural area to the south through Edna Valley.
The present building was erected as an experimental block masonry demonstration, circa 1950, and probably completed by all volunteer members at the time. Innovation and hard work has always been the foundation of the organization by promoting and sharing new ideas about agriculture and technology with traditional farmers and stockmen.
As a non-partisan organization, the Guild supports only policies, never political parties or candidates. The early movement succeeded in regulating the railroads and grain warehouses.
Updated 2145 31Dec2016Copyright
SLO Guild Hall
2013 - 2017